Skip to main content
Welcome to the Odracirys Blog


I am Odracirys.  I originally started a Google+ page (here).

However, I also wanted to create this blog for a few reasons.  First of all, although I don't expect nearly as many people to visit here as my Google+ page, a few people might prefer reading blogs.  Also, perhaps I can make friends with other bloggers through this page.

I don't expect to add posts to this blog that are not also at my Google+ page.  I expect my Google+ page to have all of the content from this blog, and then some.  In fact, I will reshare and write shorter posts on my Google+ page, so if you only want to read my longer and more involved posts which come much less frequently, you might want to stay here.

Although my Odracirys Mediys Google+ page is quite new, I have already made some predictions that came true.  In particular, I called the bottom of the silver fall at around $26-27 per troy ounce (or per ETF share on SLV, which is priced about a dollar lower than silver).  I also said that the Facebook IPO would not be a success (though I thought that the madness of the masses would at least prop the price up over its first week).

Of course, these things are far from settled.  The price of silver could turn around and drop down to $17, and the Facebook stock can skyrocket next week.  My general predictions are that silver will massively increase in price in the future and that the Facebook stock will go down in price eventually.  We'll see how those turn out.

Extra:

_________________________________________________________________________________

Here is my post from May 17th, 2012:

Soon might be a very good time to invest in precious metals.

The price of silver is now at around $27.50 per troy ounce. The (stock-like) ETF "SLV" that I follow is around one dollar lower, at $26.50.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSEARCA:SLV

That means that if you go to a website like finance.google.com, you can see a general representation of the price of silver which is generally about a dollar lower than the real price.

There seems to be "support" at around this price, meaning that it will be hard for the price to go lower. (If the price does go a dollar or so lower, then the next real support level would be about $17.00.)

I think that everyone should own some precious metals, because all currencies are "fiat", meaning they have no inherent value and can be printed (or added to a computer) forever.

$44.00 in 1912 was worth the equivalent that $1,000 is worth today. Put another way, each dollar today is worth 4.4% what it was worth 100 years ago. And this will continue to occur. And because of large debts, its pace (the "inflation rate") is set to increase.

If you don't have any gold or silver, I'd suggest you buy some as insurance. Remember...even if you spend a lot, you can always sell it in the future. Don't think of it as buying something. Think of it as exchanging money into another currency - the safest currency over the long run.

This said, from May 2011 until now, the price of silver has gone down considerably. We might hit a bottom at $26.00. In fact, I feel that we will. If we don't hit a bottom then, then again, it could go as low as $17.00.

But I feel that if you wait for the price to turn around a bit before getting in, and notice a trend, then that will be the time to get in. And I feel that it might be possible to make money quickly that way. I know that after following the price for a while, I feel that this might be a good place for me to get in, so I wanted to tell you guys about it, too.

But don't be in a rush to get rich. This can be an investment for life.

If you spend just a few hundred dollars now, then there is a very good chance that you can end up with the a few thousand dollars a few decades from now. Part of that will come from silver gaining in value, and part of that will come from the dollar losing value. And if there's any hyperinflation scenario, then you'll have some money to get by with, which won't lose its value.

Don't sue me if you lose money. This is just my opinion. But it's backed up by a pretty heavy dose of history and logic.

_________________________________________________________________________________ 

Here is my post from May 18th, 2012:

Predictions For The Future

It looks like it might be about time to "short the market". I just wish I knew how... As opposed to silver, which is pretty close to its low over the past 12 months, the Dow Jones is near its peak, and just about 1,000 points shy of its all-time peak. I think it's going to crash.

(By the way, I think that Facebook's stock might rise for the first few days or even months, but will then crash. Don't get in to that, unless it's just for this weekend!)

Hopefully, a crashing stock market won't push Romney into the presidency.

Actually, here's my prediction for the future. You can come back to it in a few years to see if I'm right.

I believe that Obama will get a second term. But due to peak oil (something that would take down any president, no matter the party affiliation), we will go farther back into recession before his second term is over. Then, in 2016, a Republican will win the presidency. However, he won't be able to turn things around during his term, and starting around 2020, the two parties might start to break down. That, or it will start going back and forth between Democrat and Republican, as people somehow think that a change of presidents will actually do something.

By at least 2024, we'll be in a major crisis.

What do you guys think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Defense of...Cecil Rhodes?!

You all know Cecil Rhodes, right?  He was a British Imperialist (living from 1853-1902) who founded the De Beers diamond mining and trading company.  Just this morning, I came upon a post comparing him to Adolf Hitler, and claiming that Cecil Rhodes killed at least 60 million Africans.  It has been shared 99 times.  Here is the post: https://plus.google.com/+TonyJefferson/posts/CZ6HW3AxDo6 Unlike many, I decided to do some research on it.  That is my nature.  I don't accept things without evidence given, and even when no evidence is provided, I search for evidence.  If after looking, no evidence is forthcoming, then I discount the claim unless compelling evidence does surface.  After my research on this topic (taking up about an hour of my day and 28 open tabs on my browser...but still an enjoyable time because this is what I like to do), I found that my initial skepticism was well justified and that this comparison is incorrect.  Adolph Hitler and Cecil Rhodes cannot be compare

Inconvenient History – The Barbary Slave Trade

Once upon a time, slavers ravaged the coastal towns of the European continent. Eventually, the response to that would include clear proof that the United States is not founded on a religion. Soon thereafter, European imperialism would become the driving force for the abolition of slavery around the world. Continue reading to learn more. The Barbary Slave Trade is a relatively small part of the Arab Slave Trade, which itself is only one part of the Islamic Slave Trade (which besides Arab slavers, includes Turks enslaving Europeans and Africans, Muslim invaders of India and Sub-Saharan Africa, Malay enslavers of local minorities, and other Islamic slavers). For example, the Arab Slave Trade may have enslaved up to 18 million people over its span (not including those born enslaved), while the Barbary Slave Trade enslaved some number over 1 million. Bear in mind that this number is three times the number of enslaved people (roughly 388 thousand) sent to the area of the United Sta

The Sixth Great Mass Extinction and Human Survival

Recently, there have been numerous articles about a study showing that we are in the midst of the Earth's sixth great mass extinction.  Below are some quotes, and then I will give my thoughts. "Miami (AFP) - The world is embarking on its sixth mass extinction with animals disappearing about 100 times faster than they used to, scientists warned Friday, and humans could be among the first victims." "Not since the age of the dinosaurs ended 66 million years ago has the planet been losing species at this rapid a rate, said a study led by experts at Stanford University, Princeton University and the University of California, Berkeley." "The study "shows without any significant doubt that we are now entering the sixth great mass extinction event," said co-author Paul Ehrlich, a Stanford University professor of biology." http://news.yahoo.com/sixth-mass-extinction-us-study-210749359.html This is sad, although it's not news.  I