Skip to main content

You're welcome for saving your lives from Gaddafi's Army.

(Update: At least 4 Americans were killed in Benghazi, including the American ambassador.)

In Benghazi (you remember that place...the beacon of freedom and liberalism in Libya that was fighting Gaddafi for the sake of human rights), giant mobs invaded the U.S. embassy (which is U.S. territory) and killed an American.  So much for gratitude.

In Egypt, a land which is now free from tyran....haha!...oh, man!...I just couldn't finish it with a straight face!  Anyway, in post "Arab Spring" Egypt, they also took over the U.S. embassy and put an Islamic flag where the U.S. flag once flew.  In fact, I'm happy to remove all embassies from the Middle East, perhaps excepting the United Arab Emirates (where Dubai is located).  If they can't get visas to visit civilized lands, so much the better!  I don't want America to be swamped by this disease like Europe has been and is continuing to be!  Letting these people into our countries is like French kissing a sick person.

These invasions of American territory were due to a film...yes, a film...being released by a (formerly) nobody, which insulted Islam.  In other words, this reaction is due to the freedom of speech, which Americans enjoy.  The maker of this film is, of course, in hiding...for wherever Muslims exist, even in free countries, you never truly have the freedom of speech.  You always risk your life by opening your mouth and claiming your rights.

I hated George W. Bush, but the more I mature and see the world, the more my liberal college views have started to wear off.  I was flabbergasted that Bush would say something as stupid as "They hate us for our freedoms."  Yet in the end, he was proven right.

I will tell you the truth.  When 9/11 happened, one of my first thoughts if not the first thought I had was "I truly hope Muslim Americans aren't hurt in the backlash."  I was actually pleasantly surprised, as no American mobs rose up to lynch Muslims in the aftermath.

However, now, my view has become "Islam must die, and I will do what I can to destroy it!"

I was against the Invasion of Iraq because I knew that it would cost many Iraqi lives.  And even as recently as last year, I supported at least the protection of the people of Benghazi from Gaddafi's army.  As recently as last year, even as an atheist, my thoughts were based on how we could protect Muslims...not Muslims per se, but people.

Now, I have changed my mind.  I have already stated that I have been proven wrong many times in my life, and I feel that this has happened again to me.  But you live and you learn, and I'd rather change my mind and admit my mistake and now be correct in my thinking than refuse to think out of fear that I might be proven wrong.

I was wrong about Libya.  Libya rebels should not have been helped.  They don't want Americans anywhere near the Middle East, and I say that we should give them their wish.  This doesn't mean that in times of need, we magically show up to fight for justice.  This means that we let massacres occur.  They don't want us there.  Let's not be there.

As for Syria, this is maybe the first time that I have anti-war views not for the sake of saving lives, but for the sake of lives being lost.  I am completely on the side of China and Russia.  We should neither arm the rebels nor invade.  That would be such a foolish thing to do.  If the war lasted for years and they managed to kill each other off, the world would be better.  And if the government forces win, that would be better than a rebel victory.  Because the rebels, even if helped by the West, would just turn against the West in a second.  There would be no sense of gratitude at all.  Gratitude is a feeling that only civilized beings have the ability to feel.  If the government won, at least there would be a strict, controlling power in charge.

I was very hopeful during the "Arab Spring".  However, I was wrong, and I admit it.  The Muslim World needs authoritarianism.  The people need to be told what to do by a government, because if they aren't, then they will be told what to do by an even more malevolent force - the Qur'an.  Those people need to be kept in line.  What's most important, though, is that they need to be kept off our shores!

Here is an article that I read about this:

Mobs hit U.S. buildings in Libya, Egypt; American diplomat killed
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57510985/mobs-hit-u.s-buildings-in-libya-egypt-one-american-killed/

I recommend reading the whole article that I posted, but here are some excerpts:

"Protesters angered over a film that ridiculed Islam's Prophet Muhammad fired gunshots and burned down the U.S. consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi, killing one American, witnesses and the State Department said. In Egypt, protesters scaled the walls of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, tearing and replacing the American flag with an Islamic banner."

"The protests in both countries were sparked by outrage over a film ridiculing Muhammad produced by an American in California and being promoted by an extreme anti-Muslim Egyptian Christian campaigner in the United States. Excerpts from the film, dubbed into Arabic, were posted on YouTube."

"[The] American citizen who said he produced, directed and wrote the two-hour film, has gone into hiding, The Associated Press reports."

"In Benghazi, a large mob stormed the U.S. consulate, with gunmen firing their weapons, said Wanis al-Sharef, an Interior Ministry official in Benghazi. A witness said attackers fired automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades at the consulate as they clashed with Libyans hired to guard the facility."

"One American was shot to death and a second was wounded in the hand, al-Sharef said. He did not give further details."

"The protesters on the wall then raised on the flagpole a black flag with a Muslim declaration of faith, "There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet." The flag, similar to the banner used by al Qaeda, is commonly used by ultraconservatives around the region."

In Egypt, "The crowd chanted, "Islamic, Islamic. The right of our prophet will not die." Some shouted, "We are all Osama," referring to al Qaeda leader bin Laden. Young men, some in masks, sprayed graffiti on the walls. Some grumbled that Islamist President Mohammed Morsi had not spoken out about the movie."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Defense of...Cecil Rhodes?!

You all know Cecil Rhodes, right?  He was a British Imperialist (living from 1853-1902) who founded the De Beers diamond mining and trading company.  Just this morning, I came upon a post comparing him to Adolf Hitler, and claiming that Cecil Rhodes killed at least 60 million Africans.  It has been shared 99 times.  Here is the post: https://plus.google.com/+TonyJefferson/posts/CZ6HW3AxDo6 Unlike many, I decided to do some research on it.  That is my nature.  I don't accept things without evidence given, and even when no evidence is provided, I search for evidence.  If after looking, no evidence is forthcoming, then I discount the claim unless compelling evidence does surface.  After my research on this topic (taking up about an hour of my day and 28 open tabs on my browser...but still an enjoyable time because this is what I like to do), I found that my initial skepticism was well justified and that this comparison is incorrect.  Adolph Hitler and Cecil Rhodes cannot be compare

Inconvenient History – The Barbary Slave Trade

Once upon a time, slavers ravaged the coastal towns of the European continent. Eventually, the response to that would include clear proof that the United States is not founded on a religion. Soon thereafter, European imperialism would become the driving force for the abolition of slavery around the world. Continue reading to learn more. The Barbary Slave Trade is a relatively small part of the Arab Slave Trade, which itself is only one part of the Islamic Slave Trade (which besides Arab slavers, includes Turks enslaving Europeans and Africans, Muslim invaders of India and Sub-Saharan Africa, Malay enslavers of local minorities, and other Islamic slavers). For example, the Arab Slave Trade may have enslaved up to 18 million people over its span (not including those born enslaved), while the Barbary Slave Trade enslaved some number over 1 million. Bear in mind that this number is three times the number of enslaved people (roughly 388 thousand) sent to the area of the United Sta

The Sixth Great Mass Extinction and Human Survival

Recently, there have been numerous articles about a study showing that we are in the midst of the Earth's sixth great mass extinction.  Below are some quotes, and then I will give my thoughts. "Miami (AFP) - The world is embarking on its sixth mass extinction with animals disappearing about 100 times faster than they used to, scientists warned Friday, and humans could be among the first victims." "Not since the age of the dinosaurs ended 66 million years ago has the planet been losing species at this rapid a rate, said a study led by experts at Stanford University, Princeton University and the University of California, Berkeley." "The study "shows without any significant doubt that we are now entering the sixth great mass extinction event," said co-author Paul Ehrlich, a Stanford University professor of biology." http://news.yahoo.com/sixth-mass-extinction-us-study-210749359.html This is sad, although it's not news.  I