Skip to main content

Get Out (of) The Vote! - A plague on both your houses!

Doing research before voting in the midterm elections makes me wish for enlightened despotism instead of this circus that is called "democracy" but consists of the powerful using the ignorant to their advantage, while trying their best to keep what they actually do under wraps.

Take a look at the following act, which was passed: "HR 2083 - Endangered Salmon and Fisheries Predation Prevention Act".  Before you continue reading, stop for a second and ask yourself what you think this act is about.  Are you surprised that something that supposedly "helps" "endangered salmon" got passed?

In fact, the "Endangered Salmon and Fisheries Predation Prevention Act" is an act that authorizes the hunting of sea lions.  Betcha didn't see that coming.  Passed soon after that was "HR 200 - Strengthening Fishing Communities and Increasing Flexibility in Fisheries Management Act".  As you might guess, this act "increases catch limits".  At this point, I don't think I need to spell things out for you, folks.

Then, I looked at what a Republican candidate (the Democrat is the incumbent here) stands for, and it is basically taking / keeping rights away from atheists, including the right to hold public office, further destroying the environment, as well as - yes, in 2018 - going back to not allowing gays to get married.

It is this kind of BS that made me hate Republicans in the first place.  Republicans have long been the party of taking away rights.  Now, I'm not sure if things have started to switch, or the Democrats have just joined the party.  It seems like both parties want to take away rights and destroy the country, but just using different methods.  For the Democrats' part, it is flooding the country with more people who can't be bothered to apply to enter legally, banning undesirable people from social media, and making mean comments a crime.

There is no way that I'd vote for that Republican who would take away my right to be a government official (even though that's not on my roadmap) or go back to when gays couldn't get married.  At the same time, I refuse to be part of the "Blue Wave", and the Democrats have major problems, and just for spite with all of this media brainwashing, I will not do it.

That leaves me with not voting for either candidate.  And there are more out there whom I don't know and whom I don't really want to bother to know.  I've decided to just not vote for anyone who doesn't appeal to me or whom I don't know about.  Sorry, I can't look into the comptroller's credentials and record.

My state IS introducing a freaking constitutional amendment that enshrines and protects hunting and fishing in the state constitution, including the totally ambiguous "traditional methods", which can include anything from serrated clamp traps to really whatever one can imagine that anyone has ever done before.  Needless to say, I will vote against it, and it will still pass, because humans are evil.  Of course, for 200+ years, we have not had an amendment like that, and people have hunted and fished...including using traditional methods...anyway.  With this, it's not only the equivalent of allowing slavery.  It's the equivalent of unnecessarily changing the constitution to say that "any kind of slavery, no matter how barbaric, is protected under the constitution".

Yeah, I'm guessing about 80% will go for it, changing the constitution just to make sure that hunters can use any method they like to kill their prey.  And it's bipartisan, too.  In the state senate (before being put on the ballot), it was Republican-backed, but more Democratic senators voted for it than voted against it.  HERE is where we get the bipartisanship.  And that tells me all I need to know about politics.

So yeah, I'm not a fan of the "blue wave", because it will just be more Russian-collusion conspiracy theorists with Trump Derangement Syndrome running around and trying to boot people off of social media who say some mean things about Islam.  At the same time, reading about Republicans makes me realize just why I started hating them so much in the first place.  A plague on both their houses.  Bring in the (truly) "enlightened despot"...not Mark Zuckerberg who is only the second part of that phrase yet thinks he is the former.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Defense of...Cecil Rhodes?!

You all know Cecil Rhodes, right?  He was a British Imperialist (living from 1853-1902) who founded the De Beers diamond mining and trading company.  Just this morning, I came upon a post comparing him to Adolf Hitler, and claiming that Cecil Rhodes killed at least 60 million Africans.  It has been shared 99 times.  Here is the post: https://plus.google.com/+TonyJefferson/posts/CZ6HW3AxDo6 Unlike many, I decided to do some research on it.  That is my nature.  I don't accept things without evidence given, and even when no evidence is provided, I search for evidence.  If after looking, no evidence is forthcoming, then I discount the claim unless compelling evidence does surface.  After my research on this topic (taking up about an hour of my day and 28 open tabs on my browser...but still an enjoyable time because this is what I like to do), I found that my initial skepticism was well justified and that this comparison is incorrect.  Adolph Hitler and Cecil Rhodes cannot be compare

Inconvenient History – The Barbary Slave Trade

Once upon a time, slavers ravaged the coastal towns of the European continent. Eventually, the response to that would include clear proof that the United States is not founded on a religion. Soon thereafter, European imperialism would become the driving force for the abolition of slavery around the world. Continue reading to learn more. The Barbary Slave Trade is a relatively small part of the Arab Slave Trade, which itself is only one part of the Islamic Slave Trade (which besides Arab slavers, includes Turks enslaving Europeans and Africans, Muslim invaders of India and Sub-Saharan Africa, Malay enslavers of local minorities, and other Islamic slavers). For example, the Arab Slave Trade may have enslaved up to 18 million people over its span (not including those born enslaved), while the Barbary Slave Trade enslaved some number over 1 million. Bear in mind that this number is three times the number of enslaved people (roughly 388 thousand) sent to the area of the United Sta

The Sixth Great Mass Extinction and Human Survival

Recently, there have been numerous articles about a study showing that we are in the midst of the Earth's sixth great mass extinction.  Below are some quotes, and then I will give my thoughts. "Miami (AFP) - The world is embarking on its sixth mass extinction with animals disappearing about 100 times faster than they used to, scientists warned Friday, and humans could be among the first victims." "Not since the age of the dinosaurs ended 66 million years ago has the planet been losing species at this rapid a rate, said a study led by experts at Stanford University, Princeton University and the University of California, Berkeley." "The study "shows without any significant doubt that we are now entering the sixth great mass extinction event," said co-author Paul Ehrlich, a Stanford University professor of biology." http://news.yahoo.com/sixth-mass-extinction-us-study-210749359.html This is sad, although it's not news.  I